Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Drinking Tea

In the past, I do not enjoy drinking tea. But recently, starting from about 1 year ago, I seems to pick up the interest in drink tea, especially Chinese Tea.

I first started to visit a tea-house along Neil Road area earlier this year. The place was introduced to me by my good friend. The ambience is relaxing, especially on a hot scorchy afternoon, sitting under the air-conditioning and eating some light snacks to go with Chinese Tea. Not to forget, with relaxing music playing in the background, it helps to relax ourself from our daily hectic and fast paced lifestyle.

Besides patronising the tea-house, my parents also drank Chinese Tea on every Saturday night, so usually I will participate and join in their tea-session at night.

There are alot of varieties in chinese tea. Green tea is the most common and popular, followed by black tea and floral tea.

I had bought a can of High Grade "Long Jing" (Green Tea) which cost me $70 for 100 grams and another can of "Da Ye Pu'er" (Black Tea) which cost me $100 for 100 grams as well.

As I went again to the tea-house earlier, I realised drinking tea is no longer meant for old people. In the past, we mostly see old people gathered to drink tea, but now the crowd seems to be in the mid or late 20s.

Currently I am still learning to pick up the art in drinking tea and learn to handle the tea, as there are quite a number of utensils just for drinking tea.

I will post more infos about Chinese Tea, if there's any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home